Correos: Bet on women
Correos is fully engaged in promoting inclusive gender equality. It was the first Spanish State-owned company to hire female staff. Today, Correos designs and implements initiatives to address gender challenges.
- “Correos en Femenino”: a programme on women’s talent visibility with:
– Sessions for employees on leadership, gender, new masculinities, co-responsibility;
– Mentoring of 28 female post offices and centres managers;
– “STEM Talks”, where female experts in science and IT deliver conferences at universities/schools encouraging women to go for STEM careers.
- Leadership School: training over 1,500 female managers on skills for people management.
- #8M All the Year: launched on 8 March 2022, this stamp collection is devoted to emblematic Spanish women who fought for gender equality. The stamps are shown in an itinerant exhibition across main post offices in Spain.
- Target Gender Equality: Correos participates in UN Global Compact’s accelerator programme for KPIs in female leadership.
RESULTS and IMPACT
In line with its bet for diversity and gender equality, Correos aims to attract female talent to the logistics industry (highly masculinised). In 2022, 24,798 female employees worked at Correos (53.21% of the total staff), enriching the company with their vision, skills, hard work and dedication.